8.08.2011

Kama Sutra theory vs actually FUCKING!!!

I totally agree with this statement and general attitude of my brotherman Chris in his blog below....

"And if you don't make things, you don't understand shit about what life is all about. Well, that's how I see it, at least."

I am also making drawings again, and it feels so GOOD!
Some Rietveld student said that another teacher had said (don't know who)

"There is no art without some kind of craft or skill connected to it"
Even thinking has a system connected to it that you can "get better" at.

But to involve your BODY and sweat into your practise is SOOOO important, there is so much knowledge & wisdom hidden in there.

The Americans talk about "muscle memory", meaning the skills to drive cars or play tennis, or bike around. For you to get good at those things, knowledge HAS to move from the brain to the muscles.

It is something that interests me enormously and is often why I think purely conceptual art is often missing a certain type of (body) wisdom.

BRANIACS!!!!

By the way...is Arnon Grunberg a good writer, isn't he just a good thinker, or is that something else...I guess it is?
I guess you could be a good speaker (Obama). It doesn't automatically make you a good writer. Can you trust DJs who can't or even worse WON"T dance???!!! I don't think so.

Could you become a good lover by just studying Kama Sutra theory?


HEHEHEHE
"Performing the Social" is a especially apt title to this text!
Is that blues code speak for "the old in & out"?

PS we didn't write these label post tags, they were here when we came...but I like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment