7.13.2010

weary blues from waitin'





Eric is driving back to Fransworth.
Sunday night.
One hand on the wheel, the other holding a cigarette.

He turns to me and says something like: "...now you need to shut up and tolerate my country music. If you would ask me a year ago what kind of music I listen to I would probably answer everything apart from country and classical. Now I only listen to country and classical..."

He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out another cigarette just before we reach the traffic lights.
Stops at the side and lays his hand out of the window and offers the cigarette to a homeless guy standing there with a carton sign writing "i am homeless".
He asks the guy "do you like Hans Williams man?"



We continue driving and listening to "Weary Blues From Waitin' ".
I get shivers down my spine

No comments:

Post a Comment